This policy is effective from 3 April 2019.
Who is behind Time Nomads?
What personal data do we collect and why we collect it?
Categories of personal information we collect through this site include:
- Contact Information: First Name, Last Name, Company Name (If applicable), Address , Phone, Email …
- Information about your orders: Items ordered, date, time…
- Information that you provide by filling any forms in our website, for example, registering to our email newsletter, using the contact form or adding a special request in our Notes section, during checkout.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record and inventory keeping.
- To create your user profile.
- Processing your orders and payments.
- To notify you about any changes in our Terms and Conditions.
- To fulfil your requests, customizations of products or preparing an order as a gift, as well as refunds or complaints.
- We may use the information to improve our website, products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- Compliance with the Irish Revenue or any other legal requirements.
We also store the following information:
We will store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Disclaimer: Users under 18 years old
We do not intend to or knowingly collect personal information from children. No information should be submitted or posted to our website by visitors under 18 years of age without the consent of their parent or guardian.
Who do we share your data with?
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfil orders, process refunds and support you.
We also share information with third-parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you:
In order to fulfil your order, we will share your Name, Address and Phone number (if required) to external delivery companies including, but not limited to An Post and TNT.
We accept payments through the following third-party payment processors:
- Google is certified under the Privacy Shield Agreement, which provides a guarantee to comply with European privacy legislation.
- Google will use this information on our behalf to evaluate the use of our online offer by users to compile reports on the activities within this online offer and to provide us with further services related to the use of this online offer and the internet usage. In this case, pseudonymous usage profiles of the users can be created from the processed data.
- We only use Google Analytics with activated IP anonymization. This means that the IP address of the users will be shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the USA and shortened there.
- The IP address submitted by the user’s browser will not be merged with other data provided by Google. Users can prevent the storage of cookies by setting their browser software accordingly; Users may also prevent the collection by Google of the data generated by the cookie and related to their use of the online offer as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
- For more information about Google’s data usage, settings and opt-out options, please visit Google’s websites: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/partners(“Google’s use of your data when you use websites or apps of our partners”), https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads (“Advertising use of data”), https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated (“Managing information Google uses to show you ads”).
- Incidentally, the personal data will be anonymized or deleted after a lapse of 26 months.
Opt-out for Google Analytics
MailChimp for WooCommerce
We collect information about visitors who comment on Sites that use our Akismet anti-spam service. The information we collect depends on how the User sets up Akismet for the Site, but typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
We use MailChimp as our marketing platform. When you accept to be included in our newsletter, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to MailChimp for processing. You can learn more about Mailchimp’s privacy practices here.
Contact Form 7
How long do we retain your data?
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 6 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
If you subscribe to our Email Newsletter, we will store your information until you decide to opt-out. You can do so by using this link, the unsubscribe link at the footer of each email or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
What are your rights?
If you have an account on this site, are subscribed to our email newsletter or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you by using our Contact form or by sending an email to email@example.com. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Security and Payment Information
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy. All information you provide us will be securely stored and never will be shared outside Time Nomads without your permission, except when it is legally required. Inside Time Nomads, your data is stored in password-protected servers with limited access and a two-factor authentication has been setup in any third-party tools used, for example, Mailchimp.
If you decide to open a user account in Time Nomads’ website, you will have to setup a password in order to access again in the future. The user of said account is responsible for keeping this password confidential and also for any and all activities that occur under user’s account. If you suspect that someone else is accessing to your account or you are aware of any suspect activity, please change your password and contact Time Nomads immediately. Time Nomads will not be liable for any loss that the user may incur as a result of someone else using their password, so we strongly encourage you not to share your login details with anyone.
Any payment transactions will be encrypted and managed by our third-party payment processors, so your credit card details or banking information will not be stored by Time Nomads in any case. We would also like to remind you to NEVER send your credit card or banking details to us by email or any other ways of communication, as this is very dangerous. We won’t be liable for any issues or loss if you do decide to send us said information. If there are any concerns with your transaction at some point, we will request your order number and contact details to verify your identity, but we will never ask for passwords or credit card/bank number.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Links to external websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.