Customizable Runestone Tapestry
€35.00 – €55.00
Remember to join our Clan and grab your extra 20% off discount code! Click Here
Create your very own runestone tapestry!
Select the size, color and add a personal message of your choice (do you need inspiration? Then keep scrolling down!). I will translate it into Elder Futhark Runes* to create your personal runestone design.
- One of a kind product, handpainted and sewn with care for each order, every banner is unique.
- Made of cotton and water-resistant paint so you can wash it whenever needed (scroll down for care instructions)
- Wooden dowel included, ready to hang on your wall as soon as you receive it.
Current processing time: 3-5 business days.
- Designed in Ireland
- Made with High-Quality Materials
- Secure Registered Shipping
*DISCLAIMER: Although the alphabet used in real runestones was the Younger Futhark, I decided to write your messages using the Elder Futhark because it’s easier to adapt it to the Latin Alphabet. The Younger Futhark only has 16 letters, so it lacks some of the sounds of our modern languages.
Runestone Message Ideas
If you don’t know what to write in your runestone, here are some examples found in real-life carvings:
- Stone Dr 212: “Eskill Skulkason had this stone raised to himself. Ever will stand this memorial that Eskill made”
- Stone U 160: “Ulvshattil and Gye and Une ordered this stone erected in memory of Ulv, their good father. He lived in Skolhamra. God and God’s Mother (feel free to add the deities of your choice here) save his spirit and soul, endow him with light and paradise.”
- Stone Sö 101: “Sigrid, Alrik’s mother, Orm’s daughter made this bridge for her husband Holmgers, father of Sigoerd, for his soul”
- Stone N 68: “Gunnor, Thythrik’s daughter, made a bridge in memory of her daughter Astrid. She was the most skilful girl in Hadeland.”
- Stone U 1011: “Vigmund had this stone carved in memory of himself, the cleverest of men. May God help the soul of Vigmund, the ship captain. Vigmund and Åfrid carved this memorial while he lived.”
- Odendisa Runestone: “The good husbandman Holmgautr had (the stone) raised in memory of Óðindísa, his wife. There will come to Hassmyra no better housewife, who arranges the estate. Red-Balli carved these runes. Óðindísa was a good sister to Sigmundr.”
- Stone U 240: Danr and Húskarl and Sveinn and Holmfríðr, the mother and (her) sons, had this stone erected in memory of Halfdan, the father of Danr and his brothers; and Holmfríðr in memory of her husbandman
- Björketorp Runestone: A I, master of the runes(?) conceal here runes of power. Incessantly (plagued by) maleficence, (doomed to) insidious death (is) he who breaks this (monument).
About the Runestone Tapestry
The runestone tapestry is based on the Hillersjö Stone and is printed on cotton fabric using the lino print technique with waterproof inks. This means that each tapestry will have its unique character. It includes the wooden dowel, so you can hang it on your walls as soon as you receive it!
If your banner is wrinkled after delivery, you can iron it at 204 °C (400 °F). If you need to clean it, remove the wooden dowel and wash by hand or in the washing machine, using the delicates program and cold water.
Black, Burgundy, White
Runestone design only, Runestone + Custom message
XS – 20cm wide x 30cm tall, Small – 30 cm wide x 40 cm tall, Medium – 40 cm wide x 50 cm tall
I received my personalised tapestrie last month and I love it. Its really well made. You can tell a lot of care has gone into making it. It arrived beautifully wrapped and came accompanied by a lovely letter with a wax stamp, thanking me for my purchase and the care instructions. Highly reccomend for adding that something a little extra to your home.